Answers to some Frequently Asked CrackStix Questions!
- Will the pli-stix product bond/seal to the sides of the asphalt crack? Yes. Be sure to clean the side walls of the cracks.
- Can I purchase larger quantities (75' or 125') via Home Depot? What are the prices? Shipping costs? Pli-Stix is offered under the Crack Stix name in 2 gallon pails (125 ft) on www.HomeDepot.com or www.crackstix.com Prices are on each website.
- What is the recommended source of heat? Butane or MAPP? Either will work, MAPP is a hotter and will melt faster.
- Is this material compatible with driveway sealer? Yes
- Can I use sand first if it's a deep crack or joint? Yes, polymeric sand will work well locking in the base and holding in place while our product is installed. You can also use closed cell backer rod or stone dust.
- What is the melting temperature of the material after it has been installed? (Note:Folks who have installed this material in Florida driveways complain that it melts in FL sun.) The melting point is approximately 200F. If properly applied in the crack the material is subsurface and will not track.
- Does it become brittle at temperatures below 30 degrees? Brittle no, but the colder it is the stiffer the material will get.
- What is the difference between this product and the your pour-able Blacktop Crack Filler? Pli-Stix is 100 % solid, not an emulsion. The curing agent is temperature. The curing agent with pourable crack fillers is evaporation of water.